The eToll solution allows for the Hungarian Road Toll to be paid automatically through the HU-GO ticketing system, Data regarding road sections travelled by TrackGPS monitored vehicles is transmitted to the National Toll Payment Services Plc. (NTPS), and road toll payment is conducted automatically for the travelled kilometres. This road toll is compulsory for all freight vehicles weighing over 3.5 tons.
The advantages of using this solution are:
- Drivers are no longer required to queue in petrol stations in order to purchase tickets for the Hungarian road toll
- Depending on traffic conditions, drivers can change the initially planned route without risking being fined.
- The amount to be paid is registered in real time for kilometres travelled on Hungarian territory.
The eToll solution can be implemented only for vehicles that are monitored using the basic TrackGPS solution.
+ General features
- After account configuration and the generation of a OBUID code, this code must be registered on the NTPS platform
- Payment is automatically carried out after charging the NTPS account with the necessary amounts
+ SPECIFIC FEATURES
- eToll LED: is a hardware accessory compatible with the eToll solution. It is installed on the vehicles board in order to warn the driver in case GPS device malfunctions appear and which would make necessary the physical purchasing of a road toll ticket.
+ ADDITIONAL COMMENTS
- eToll LED can be installed only in the case of newly delivered GPS devices or in the case of devices that arrive in the AROBS service department because they require special configurations.
- Solution activation on already installed equipments is only performed by AROBS technicians AROBS (excluding partner repair service workshops)
- In case he is notified so by the AROBS Support team, the client is obliged to buy the physical vignette until the GPS device issue is resolved
+ The operations needed in order to set-up the solution’s user account are:
- Step 1: OBUID generating
After the GPS device is installed on a vehicle by means of a written request sent to the TrackGPS support department (AROBS), the user will be provided with the corresponding OBU-ID and the HU-GO portal registering process instructions.
- Step 2: Creating an account on the HU-GO platform
The user will create a new account on the HU-GO platform and will fill in the data for a vehicle and an OBU-ID code will be assigned to him after the creation and activation of the account.
- Step 3: Setting the account
The user will provide his contact phone numbers and e-mail addresses where he agrees to receive vehicle related notifications and information related to the vehicles.
- Step 4: Topping up the account balance
After all vehicles have been introduced with their corresponding OBUIDs, the sums of money necessary for conducting electronic payments will be transferred into the account. Electronic top-up of the account can be conducted by using bank cards (VISA, MasterCard or American Express).