Fuel consumption is probably the most important cost indicator a transportation manager needs to monitor. The benefits of the implementation of a real time fuel consumption monitoring solution are:
The ability to keep constant track of the fuel level in the tank (in litres)
The detection and prevention of fuel leaks by comparing real consumption with refuelling
Tank fuel level variation monitoring is made possible by the use of one or more fuel sensors (litre meter probes) fitted inside the tank. If the vehicle has more than one tank, there will be a sensor fitted inside each of them. The sensors transmit via the GPRS system the exact amount in litres or percents of fuel found inside the tank and the amount of fuel consumption. This way, fuel consumption, refuelling and possible tank level changes can be analysed in real time. The solution is designed especially for transportation vehicles (lorries, buses) or utility vehicles.
From a hardware perspective, the solution consists of:
One or more fuel sensors (litre meter probes) fitted inside the tanks
Cap opening identification sensor (tank cap).
Features and reports:
+ General features
+ General reports
- Status: Stationing, Vehicle log book, Daily activity sheet, Time sheet, Location, Consumption, Daily report, Route, Km Index
- Variations: Route, Schedule
- Hotspots: Hotspots, Top Hotspots, Commands, Hotspot Stationing
- Speeds: Speeds, Top Speeds, Exceeded Speed, Digital Tachograph
- History: History, Gas Station Fueling, Future Inspections, Performed Inspections
- Automatic reports
- Notifications: Vehicle notifications, User notifications
- Analytical Reports
+ DATA MANAGEMENT
- Personal Settings Management
- Vehicle Management
- User Management
- GPS Device Management
- Hotspots Management
- Route Management
- Division Management
- History Management
- Schedule Management
- Automatic Report Management
- User documents
- Fleet Management
+ SOLUTION SPECIFIC REPORTS
- Analytical Consumption Report – displays consumption broken down into stationary consumption and travel consumption according to travelled km and vehicle operating mode. It is recommended to access this report for daily intervals and longer travel distances.
- Graphical Consumption Analysis Report – an interactive graphical analysis display of information transmitted by the fuel sensor.
- Analytical Consumption Report – a graphical display of the fuel level based on collected information.
All reports containing information related to fuel consumption include values registered by the fuel sensors.